Agility is a fantastic activity to build your dog’s confidence, teach her to look to you for direction, and simply have fun. And this program does just that!
Agility (And Then Some!) is geared towards owners having fun with their dogs. The equipment is modified to meet each dog’s skill level, confidence and physical ability, including younger and older dogs. There’s no need for you or your dog to be a top athlete to join class!
In addition to the usual agility obstacles, this program also includes additional exercises and creative obstacles added to each level to make this class so much more than a typical agility class!
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Dogs must be up-to-date on all vaccines as recommended by your veterinarian
- Completion of a foundation program at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services OR an equivalent from another school if owners/dogs have a solid understanding of clicker training and prerequisite behaviours. (note: see important prerequisite behaviours, below)
- Owners who have not trained at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services previously will be required to view the Orientation Webinar session prior to class, and possibly attend a free assessment
- Prerequisite training skills (taught with positive reinforcement/clicker):
- Hand target (touch)
- Basic skills in recall, sit, leash walking, leave it/’doggy zen’
- Must be able to work off leash behind barriers and pass other dogs on leash in a controlled manner – all obstacles are completed off leash.
- Refunds and credit are not available for Specialty Classes.
The school is closed for holidays Dec 22-Jan 5. Inquiries made during this time will receive a reply Jan 6.
Book your spot in class below!
Class will not be cancelled for routine winter weather or storms – students will be alerted if poor weather results in cancellation.
Level One: Schedule
Starting Saturday Jan 11 2020, 12:45pm-1:45pm
* There is no class on Feb 15 due to the holiday weekend. See dates below.