A Rally Obedience course is made up of numbered stations at which the dog and handler must perform the described exercise, and heel in between. Upper levels of the sport includes agility equipment like jumps, tunnels and weave poles!
In order to achieve a flowing performance, the Rally Obedience Fundamentals class focuses the dog and handler mastering skills such as heel, pivots, and position changes.
This class is so much more than luring a dog around a course!
This course is the best place to start if you want to:
- Learn how to teach more precise behaviours
- Continue building your training skills and have fun with your dog!
- Compete in Rally Obedience in any venue
- Compete in Competitive Obedience
- Dogs must be friendly/tolerant of people and other dogs.
- Dogs and handlers must have prerequisite skills (see below)
- Dogs must have received their complete puppy vaccinations
- For dogs over 6 months – proof of Rabies vaccination by a veterinarian is required
- Do not attend with a dog who is sick, including vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, sneezing, lethargy or fever
- Submitting registration/payment indicates acceptance of the group class policy
- Class fees are non-refundable, and submission of payment holds your spot. Space is very limited.
- Completion of Life Skills at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services (or Puppy Socialization with self-directed teaching of pre-req behaviours not in the puppy curriculum). An equivalent may be acceptable at our discretion if owners/dogs have a solid understanding of clicker training and prerequisite behaviours.
- Owners who have not trained at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services previously may be required to attend an assessment and Orientation session.
- Prerequisite behaviours include:
- Good skill and understanding of clicker training (both dog and human)
- Zen or Leave it (impulse control around food in hand)
- Sit (verbal cue or hand signal)
- Down (verbal cue or hand signal)
- Stand (verbal cue or hand signal)
- Loose leash walking basics
- Hand target/touch is preferred
Pricing and Schedule
Tuesday March 6th, 7:30-8:30pm. Running for 8 consecutive weeks.
March 6, 13, 20, 27, April 3, 10, 17, 24
** TAKE NOTE: The beginning of this program will take place at 37 Chapel Lane. The second half of the program will take place in the new facility, location and specific dates TBA very soon.
Maximum of FOUR dogs per class
Please ensure that you are able to attend ALL classes – if an unexpected event leads to a missed class, a makeup class may be scheduled prior to the next class and will be available for $30+HST/30min, as per policy.
This is a fast-paced class and it’s critical for each student to take responsibility for their attendance, learning and homework.
Book your spot now!
Contact the office with questions, or book your spot below.