- Are feeling over-whelmed by training responsibilities
- Have more intention to train than time and energy to do it
- Want to kick start your training, but need more support than coaching alone
- Have a new puppy and are feeling over-whelmed by the pressure of socialization duties
- Or maybe you just want your dog to learn new things and experience the enrichment of training while you’re at work!
… Day Training is right for you!
A certified professional trainer and behaviour consultant will work one-on-one with your dog while you’re at work, out with the kids or running errands. Transfer Sessions will keep you up-to-date and coach you on how to maintain and apply your dog’s new skills in day-to-day life.
Day Training takes place in your home, in parks, in your neighbourhood – where you need your dog to respond! A review of your concerns and goals will allow us to lay out a schedule that best suits the assessment.
Day Training can address:
- Puppy needs, including socialization experiences
- Manners and Obedience, such as pulling on leash, recall, general distractibility, learning basic obedience behaviours
- Enrichment and “brain training” to give busy dogs a productive outlet
What Day Training IS:
- A quicker route to the training results you want to see in your dog
- A certified, professional trainer/behaviour consultant will work directly with your dog to help you reach your training goals
- Giving some leg work of training to a professional while you work on application and maintenance in day-to-day life
- Transfer Sessions will teach you the skills your dog has already learned and will keep your dog’s training on track
What Day Training IS NOT:
- It is not a dog walking, pet sitting or potty break service
- Your dog will have opportunity to relieve him/herself, however scheduling will be based on trainer availability
- It is not a total escape from all training responsibilities
- It is not a suitable service for management-intensive or owner-directed problems (e.g. separation anxiety, owner-directed aggression, or management-based issues of housetraining, etc.) See Private Training options in the main menu.
How to Get Started
Contact the office if you have questions about whether the Day Training program will be a good fit for your needs. This service is available only to residents within Guelph city limits.
Puppies and Manners
Day Training for behaviour problems such as fear, reactivity and aggression is available only to those enrolled in Behaviour Consultation sessions. Day Training is not appropriate in all situations, and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
View the Behaviour Consulting webpage for details on how to get started.