Emily Fisher, CPDT-KA, CDBC
Emily Fisher is a Certified Dog Behaviour Consultant through the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants (IAABC), and a Certified Professional Dog Trainer through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
You wouldn’t take your dog to a vet who didn’t keep their education up-to-date – so why would you take your dog to a trainer who isn’t continually investing in their education? Continuing education is critical in providing you with the most up-to-date, quality training and instruction, as well as allowing Emily to maintain both the CDBC and CPDT-KA certifications.
From continuing education to living with and fostering a range of dog breeds, Emily has the range and quality of experience to resolve your training problems. As well as operating the training school, Emily volunteers her time with Toronto-based rescue Speaking of Dogs, including fostering, and writing adoption manuals and their Ask the Trainer column. She has also worked with the Guelph Humane Society to create and present trainings for staff and volunteers, and conducts behaviour assessments.
Emily founded Scratch and Sniff Canine Services in 2009 in Toronto before moving to Guelph in 2012. Before departing from Toronto, she worked as a lead instructor at When Hounds Fly, conducting group classes and private behaviour modification, and prior to that as an assistant instructor at Who’s Walking Who. Emily grew up in Toronto and graduated from Trent University in Peterborough with a degree in Cultural Studies, specializing in Social Thought.
A partial selection of continuing education events, in addition to regular online educational events and classes, can be found in the below drop down.
- Denise Fenzi, Engagement, Personal Play & Toy Play, Obedience Handler’s Choice, 2017
- Walks’N’Wags/K9Compass, certification in Off the Grid Wilderness Pet First Aid, 2017
- Walks’N’Wags/K9Compass, recertification in Pet First Aid, 2017
- Shade Whitesel, “Drives and Control”, 2016
- TAGTeach Primary Certification, 2016
- Understanding Dog Owners Liability Act, presented by Speaking of Dogs Rescue, 2016
- Shade Whitesel, “Drives and Control”, 2015
- Nicole Skeehan, “Shaping for Shelter Dogs”, 2015
- Shade Whitesel, “Drives and Control”, 2015
- ClickerExpo 3-Day Conference in Detroit, various speakers, 2015
- Aimee Sadler, “Playing for Life! Shelter Dog Play Groups”, 2014
- Society for the Promotion of Applied Research in Canine Science, 2014
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “How to Reach Excellence in Dog Training”, 2014
- Tania Costa, “Fitness and your Senior Dog” 2014
- Katherine Ferger, “Chicken Camp: Intro to Operant Conditioning”, 2014
- Pet First Aid Certificate Course, Walks’N’Wags, 2014
- Dr Lore Haug “Treating Canine Behavior Problems with Medication: The what, when, why and how” 2014
- Tania Costa, “Core Strengthening for the Older Dog” 2014
- Julie Robitaille “Touch Assisted Clicker Training” 2013
- Nicole Wilde “Fear, Separation Anxiety and Play” 2013
- Sandra Rosano “Tellington TTouch Workshop” 2013
- Dr Sagi Denenberg “Behaviour Modification and Medication” 2013
- Tanya Costa “Conditioning and Strengthening the Canine Athlete” 2013
- Stacey Shaw “Clicker Workshop with Horses” 2012
- Grisha Stewart “Behaviour Adjustment Training for Fear and Aggression” 2012
- Steve White “Hydration Intensified Tracking Techniques” and “The Keys to Reliable Scent Detection Work” 2012
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates “A Scientific Presentation and Study of Working Dogs”, 2012
- Dr. Sophia Yin “A Dog’s Dream”, 2012
- Dr. Anthony Yu and Ontario Veterinary College “Skin Seminar” 2012
- Kay Laurence “Intelligent Luring” 2012
- Pia Silvani, “Petfinder Adoption Options”, 2011
- Yvette Van Veen “Practical Training Applications and Nature vs. Nurture”, 2011
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates “Exploring the Dog’s Mind”, 2011 With lecturers Pat Miller, Kathy Sdao, Alexandra Horowitz, Meghan Herron, and more.
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates “Exploring the Dog’s Mind – Promotional Educational Seminar”, 2011
- Sarah Kalnajs “Risk Assessments for Training and Behaviour Professionals” 2011
- ClickerExpo Chicago, 2011. Lectures and workshops with Kay Lawrence, Alexandra Kurland, Karen Pryor, Dr. Jesus Rozales-Ruiz, Ken Ramirez, Emma Parsons, Helix Fairweather, Dr. Patricia McConnell, Cecilie Køste and others.
- Dr. Jean Dodds “The Canine Condition: Latest Knowledge on Vital Topics”, 2010
- Patricia McConnell, “What are dogs REALLY saying? The Play by Play”, 2010
- Dr. Jennifer Messer, “Puppies… So Much to Know, So Little Time!”, 2010
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “A Road Map for Analyzing and Resolving Training and Behaviour Issues”, 2010
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “Dog-Dog Interactions: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”, 2010
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “Canine Harmony: Developing the Perfect Companion”, 2009
- Kathy Sdao, “Does the Name Pavlov Ring a Bell?”, 2009