Emily Fisher, CPDT-KA, CDBC
Emily Fisher is certified CDBC (Certified Dog Behaviour Consultant) through the International Association of Animal Behaviour Consultants (IAABC), and CPDT-KA (Certified Professional Dog Trainer – Knowledge Assessed) through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT).
Emily founded Scratch and Sniff Canine Services in 2009 in Toronto for dog walking and private training before moving to Guelph to open a facility for group classes in 2012. Continuing education is important for quality of training and instruction, as well as maintaining both the CDBC and CPDT-KA certifications. A sample of attended seminars can be found below.
As well as operating Scratch and Sniff Canine Services, Emily volunteers her time with Toronto-based rescue Speaking of Dogs. Emily has also worked with the Guelph Humane Society to create and present trainings for staff and volunteers, and invites their shelter dogs to participate in group classes. Before departing from Toronto in 2012, she worked as a head instructor at When Hounds Fly, conducting group classes and private behaviour modification, and prior to that as an assistant instructor at Who’s Walking Who. Emily grew up in Toronto and graduated from Trent University in Peterborough with a degree in Cultural Studies, specializing in Social Thought.
A partial selection of continuing education events, in addition to regular online educational events and classes.
- Denise Fenzi, Engagement, Personal Play & Toy Play, Obedience Handler’s Choice, 2017
- Walks’N’Wags/K9Compass, certification in Off the Grid Wilderness Pet First Aid, 2017
- Walks’N’Wags/K9Compass, recertification in Pet First Aid, 2017
- Shade Whitesel, “Drives and Control”, 2016
- TAGTeach Primary Certification, 2016
- Understanding Dog Owners Liability Act, presented by Speaking of Dogs Rescue, 2016
- Shade Whitesel, “Drives and Control”, 2015
- Nicole Skeehan, “Shaping for Shelter Dogs”, 2015
- Shade Whitesel, “Drives and Control”, 2015
- ClickerExpo 3-Day Conference in Detroit, various speakers, 2015
- Aimee Sadler, “Playing for Life! Shelter Dog Play Groups”, 2014
- Society for the Promotion of Applied Research in Canine Science, 2014
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “How to Reach Excellence in Dog Training”, 2014
- Tania Costa, “Fitness and your Senior Dog” 2014
- Katherine Ferger, “Chicken Camp: Intro to Operant Conditioning”, 2014
- Pet First Aid Certificate Course, Walks’N’Wags, 2014
- Dr Lore Haug “Treating Canine Behavior Problems with Medication: The what, when, why and how” 2014
- Tania Costa, “Core Strengthening for the Older Dog” 2014
- Julie Robitaille “Touch Assisted Clicker Training” 2013
- Nicole Wilde “Fear, Separation Anxiety and Play” 2013
- Sandra Rosano “Tellington TTouch Workshop” 2013
- Dr Sagi Denenberg “Behaviour Modification and Medication” 2013
- Tanya Costa “Conditioning and Strengthening the Canine Athlete” 2013
- Stacey Shaw “Clicker Workshop with Horses” 2012
- Grisha Stewart “Behaviour Adjustment Training for Fear and Aggression” 2012
- Steve White “Hydration Intensified Tracking Techniques” and “The Keys to Reliable Scent Detection Work” 2012
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates “A Scientific Presentation and Study of Working Dogs”, 2012
- Dr. Sophia Yin “A Dog’s Dream”, 2012
- Dr. Anthony Yu and Ontario Veterinary College “Skin Seminar” 2012
- Kay Laurence “Intelligent Luring” 2012
- Pia Silvani, “Petfinder Adoption Options”, 2011
- Yvette Van Veen “Practical Training Applications and Nature vs. Nurture”, 2011
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates “Exploring the Dog’s Mind”, 2011 With lecturers Pat Miller, Kathy Sdao, Alexandra Horowitz, Meghan Herron, and more.
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates “Exploring the Dog’s Mind – Promotional Educational Seminar”, 2011
- Sarah Kalnajs “Risk Assessments for Training and Behaviour Professionals” 2011
- ClickerExpo Chicago, 2011. Lectures and workshops with Kay Lawrence, Alexandra Kurland, Karen Pryor, Dr. Jesus Rozales-Ruiz, Ken Ramirez, Emma Parsons, Helix Fairweather, Dr. Patricia McConnell, Cecilie Køste and others.
- Dr. Jean Dodds “The Canine Condition: Latest Knowledge on Vital Topics”, 2010
- Patricia McConnell, “What are dogs REALLY saying? The Play by Play”, 2010
- Dr. Jennifer Messer, “Puppies… So Much to Know, So Little Time!”, 2010
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “A Road Map for Analyzing and Resolving Training and Behaviour Issues”, 2010
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “Dog-Dog Interactions: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly”, 2010
- Professional Animal Behaviour Associates, “Canine Harmony: Developing the Perfect Companion”, 2009
- Kathy Sdao, “Does the Name Pavlov Ring a Bell?”, 2009