Agility is a fantastic activity to build your dog’s confidence, teach her to look to you for direction, and simply have fun. And this program does just that!
Agility (And Then Some!) is geared towards owners having fun with their dogs. The equipment is modified to meet each dog’s skill level, confidence and physical ability, including younger and older dogs. There’s no need for you or your dog to be a top athlete to join class!
In addition to the usual agility obstacles, this program also includes additional exercises and creative obstacles added to each level to make this class much more than a typical agility class!
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccines
- Completion of Life Skills Foundations OR an equivalent from another school if owners/dogs have a solid understanding of positive/clicker training and prerequisite behaviours. (note: see important prerequisite behaviours, below)
- Owners who have not trained at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services previously will be required to view the Orientation Webinar session prior to class, and possibly attend a free assessment
- Prerequisite training skills (taught with positive reinforcement/clicker):
- – Hand target (touch)
- – Basic skills in recall, sit, leash walking, leave it/’doggy zen’
- – Must be able to work off-leash behind barriers and pass other dogs on-leash in a controlled manner – obstacles are completed off leash.
- Giant breeds will find some obstacles physically difficult – if you have a giant breed, please contact the office to ensure this class is a good choice for your dog
- Refunds and credit are not available for Specialty Classes.
- If you need to miss a class, give advanced notice to the office and you can watch the class via ZOOM from home or on recording.
Register for Introduction to Agility!
Starting Wed April 5th, 7:15pm
Register for Next Level Agility!
Starting Wed April 5th, 8:30pm
This class is open to anyone who has completed Level One Agility, or has already attended Next Level Agility.