All too often, “training the dog” is about dealing with the habits we don’t like. Isn’t it time to train for fun, for enrichment, and for relationship?
The Brain Training Series focuses on increasing your dog’s receptivity to you and capacity to learn in order to work through various stages of difficulty and complexity of FUN tricks and behaviours.
The topics covered will range from perfecting individual training exercises to advanced training concepts, such as cuing, shaping and behaviour chains. Behaviours and concepts will increase in difficulty as you progress through the various Grades of this series.
The Brain Training Series can best be described as a “souped-up tricks class”!
A sneak peak at the behaviours… unroll a carpet, ring a bell, blow bubbles under water, “puppy dog eyes”, karate kicks, jump through a hoop… progress through all the grade levels to learn all this and more!
Check back soon!
This class will be an all-levels linear program, no longer open enrolment.
Dogs and owners should:
- Have basic experience with clicker training
- Know basic obedience behaviours such as sit, down, stay and a hand target
- View the Orientation Webinar if you haven’t trained with us before
What’s your prior experience?
- Graduates of any group program with Scratch and Sniff Canine Services are welcome to join the Brain Training Series.
- If we’ve worked privately to address fear, reactivity or aggression, or you are concerned about your dog’s behaviour, please contact the office prior to registering.
- If you’ve taken classes elsewhere, please contact the office prior to purchasing the program to ensure it is right for you.
- This class requires a consistent handler to attend all classes. Pairs of handlers are welcome, but both should come to all classes.
Check back soon!