By submitting registration and/or payment you are agreeing to the following:
These guidelines are designed with client and dog safety in mind, and when followed create a cooperative and cohesive training experience through which all students can most effectively learn.
- All participants must wear a WDG Public Health-compliant mask
- One handler is permitted per dog in order to limit attendance in classes and reduce COVID-risk
- Dogs not enrolled in training are not permitted in the training hall or waiting area. Please leave all other pets at home.
- A person may handle only one dog during class.
- Dogs must remain on leash at all times unless clients are otherwise instructed.
- Ill or contagious dogs are not permitted in the training hall.
- Bitches in season must wear a diaper. Missed classes will not be compensated if a heat cycle disrupts your program. Plan your classes accordingly.
- Dogs must be friendly/tolerant of dogs and people in order to attend a group class. All behavioural concerns must be disclosed in writing prior to the commencement of the group class program.
- Corrective training techniques or equipment such as choke, slip, prong or shock collars are not permitted on property.
- All vaccinations must be up to date according to your veterinarian’s recommendations and proof of vaccination shown prior to starting class
- New dogs must have been in the home for seven (7) days prior to attending classes. This ensures that the dog is in good health and settled in her/his new home prior to attending class.
- Aggressive or otherwise disruptive dogs are not permitted in a group class, private or virtual training is a more appropriate choice for dogs with behaviour concerns.
- An offered start date will be held for you for 24 hours. If confirmation and payment are not received by this time, that time slot will be offered to another student.
- All standard policy applies to Virtual Sessions
- Virtual Life Skills: Students are prepared for an entirely virtual program and transfer/credit/refund is not available for any reason. Virtual Life Skills is not interchangeable with In-Person Life Skills.
- ZOOM lessons may be recorded for educational or marketing purposes, including to be used as a “make up session” for a student who was unable to attend the live session (group class).
- Virtual Sessions are available only to those located in Canada at the time the service is rendered
Registration and Payment
- Classes are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Spots are not held until payment is received.
- Payment is non-transferrable between people or dogs.
- Clients must review the Orientation webinar prior to the commencement of their class program.
Cancellation, Payment and Make-up Policy
- If a dog proves to be behaviourally unsuitable for a Foundation group class as determined by the instructor, remaining credit will be transferred to Virtual Life Skills
- Refunds and credit are not available for any Specialty Classes
- Refunds of payment are not available. Please ensure that you are prepared to attend all classes, and are able to accommodate the COVID contingency plans, prior to submitting payment
- Private sessions may be booked to cover missed subject matter and are subject to private session pricing and policy. Make-up sessions should be completed prior to the next class in a linear program.
- In-person Life Skills: A student may follow along using the resources provided to them
- In-person Life Skills: In the event of a COVID-related absence (e.g. quarantine, isolation, illness), the student will be given access to the Virtual Life Skills platform, and may rejoin remaining classes when safe to do so.
All scheduled cancellations of classes will be marked as such on the online calendar to ensure that clients have advance notification. Any short-notice schedule changes will be due to unexpected and unchangeable events, for example inclement weather or instructor illness.
- Classes will not be booked on statutory, some civic holidays, and other days as declared on the class calendar
- In the case of any unexpected cancelation on the part of Scratch and Sniff Canine Services, the instructor will attempt to contact all clients scheduled for the affected classes by phone and/or email.
- In-Person Life Skills: In the event of COVID-related shutdown, students will be transferred into the Virtual Life Skills format. No credit, refund or other service can be substituted for this transfer.
- Specialty classes: COVID-related closures will result in transfer to a live, virtual format OR a delayed end to the program. This will be outlines on the program webpage.
Photo & Video Release
In submitting the registration, clients agree to release photo and video to the ownership of Scratch and Sniff Canine Services for promotional or educational purposes.
Agreement to Hold Harmless & Assumption of Risk
The client understands that dog training services and activities are not without risk to themselves, dogs, property or other people. The client expressly assumes the risk of any damage or injury incurred to any person, animal or property as a result of a dog training session conducted by or on behalf of Scratch and Sniff Canine Services. The client agrees to absolve and hold harmless Scratch and Sniff Canine Services, Emily Fisher, and any other parties associated with any service provided. The client agrees to make known any and all training, behavioural and health problems or concerns at the time of registration and agree to assume all responsibility for the actions of their dog(s) at the time of service and in future. Scratch and Sniff Canine Services is not responsible for any injury to or destruction of any person, animal or property at the time of service or in future. The client understands that Scratch and Sniff Canine Services will make no guarantee of results of the training services provided and agrees to pay all fees at the time requested.
In submitting the registration form and/or payment, the client agrees that they have read, fully understand and consent to all content of this policy and waiver. These policies are subject to change without notice.