By submitting a registration form and/or payment you are agreeing to the following:
These guidelines are designed with client and dog safety in mind, and when followed create a cooperative and cohesive training experience through which all students can most effectively learn.
- Dogs not enrolled in training are not permitted in the training hall or waiting area. Please leave all other pets at home.
- A person may only handle one dog during class.
- Dogs must remain on leash at all times unless clients are otherwise instructed.
- Ill or contagious dogs are not permitted in the training hall.
- Bitches in season must wear a diaper. Missed classes will not be compensated if a heat cycle disrupts your program. Plan your classes accordingly.
- Dogs must be friendly/tolerant of dogs and people in order to attend a group class. All behavioural concerns must be disclosed in writing prior to the commencement of the group class program.
- Corrective training techniques or equipment such as choke, slip, prong or shock collars are not permitted on property.
- All vaccinations and/or titres must be up to date according to your veterinarian’s recommendations.
- New dogs must have been in the home for seven (7) days prior to attending classes. This ensures that the dog is in good health and settled in her/his new home prior to attending class. Clients are encouraged to attend Orientation during this time.
Puppy Socialization Class: General Guidelines
- Dogs may be no older than 16 weeks at the start of their program. Exceptions may be made for breeds of extreme size (small or large) at the discresion of the instructor.
- Dogs must have received their first set of vaccinations at least seven (7) days prior to their first class
- Owners will be asked to provide a signed letter from their veterinarian confirming that their dog has been vaccinated and is free of parasites. This is available on the program webpage. Puppies will not be admitted without this letter.
- Puppy Socialization graduates are eligible for 10% off the registration fee for Life Skills class IF registration is confirmed within ONE month of their last Puppy Socialization class.
Adult Dog Classes: General Guidelines
- All dogs must be at least 16 weeks at the start of the program and have received complete puppy vaccinations.
- Dogs over six (6) months must provide proof of rabies vaccination (certificate or a letter from their veterinarian) at Orientation. This may be shown in person or a scan may be emailed to the office in advance.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted in a group class.
Registration and Payment
- Classes are filled on a first-come-first-served basis. Spots are not held until payment is received.
- All services are non-transferrable between people or dogs.
- New group class students must attend an Orientation prior to the commencement of their class program, as required.
Program Completion Timeframe (Modular):
- Programs must be initiated within two months of attending Orientation
- Classes must be completed within the respective program timeframe, as outlined on your Client Online Account.
- Classes not completed according to the above guidelines will be forfeited without credit or refund
Cancellation, Payment and Make-up Policy
- If a dog proves to be unsuitable for a Foundation group class as determined by the instructor, remaining credit will be transferred to private sessions
- Refunds and credit are not available for linear/specialty classes
- Refunds of payment are not available. Please ensure that you are prepared to attend all classes prior to submitting payment
Single Class Cancellation (Modular Programs)
- Owners may remove themselves from a class via the Client Online Account up to 24 hours in advance of the class
- Cancellations within 24 hours or failure to attend a booked class means that the class is forfeited
- Modular classes: Due to the inherent flexibility of modular classes, no make-up sessions or extensions of program will be offered
- Linear Classes: Private sessions may be booked to cover missed subject matter and are subject to private session pricing and policy. Make-up sessions should be completed prior to the next class in a linear program
All scheduled cancellations of classes will be marked as such on the online calendar to ensure that clients have advance notification. Any short-notice schedule changes will be due to unexpected and unchangeable events, for example inclement weather.
- Classes will not be booked on statutory, some civic holidays, and other days as declared on the class calendar
- In the case of any cancelation on the part of Scratch and Sniff Canine Services, the instructor will attempt to contact all clients scheduled for the affected classes by phone and/or email and clients will be given opportunity to attend the missed class at a later date
In order to maintain an effective, safe learning environment for both human and canine students clients must comply with the following policy:
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times and are responsible for ensuring compliance with instructions.
- Younger children must be accompanied by an adult who is not handling a dog.
- Youth under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Occasionally, children may be asked to sit out of training for reasons of:
- Loud, erratic or otherwise disruptive behaviour on the part of the child
- The presence in class of a dog who is not child-friendly
Photo & Video Release
In submitting the registration, clients agree to release photo and video to the ownership of Scratch and Sniff Canine Services for promotional or educational purposes.
Agreement to Hold Harmless & Assumption of Risk
The client understands that dog training services and activities are not without risk to themselves, dogs, property or other people. The client expressly assumes the risk of any damage or injury incurred to any person, animal or property as a result of a dog training session conducted by or on behalf of Scratch and Sniff Canine Services. The client agrees to absolve and hold harmless Scratch and Sniff Canine Services, Emily Fisher, and any other parties associated with any service provided. The client agrees to make known any and all training, behavioural and health problems or concerns at the time of registration and agree to assume all responsibility for the actions of their dog(s) at the time of service and in future. Scratch and Sniff Canine Services is not responsible for any injury to or destruction of any person, animal or property at the time of service or in future. The client understands that Scratch and Sniff Canine Services will make no guarantee of results of the training services provided and agrees to pay all fees at the time requested.
In submitting the registration form and/or payment, the client agrees that they have read, fully understand and consent to all content of this policy and waiver. These policies are subject to change without notice.