Are you looking for Virtual Private Training? Click here!
Learn the least invasive, minimally aversive, positive reinforcement-based methods to resolve your dog’s behaviour problems. Learn more about our training, and prepare for your private training, by viewing the free Orientation Webinar!
* We do not offer service dog training.
Emily, a certified dog behaviour consultant, will guide you through the resolution of your dog’s problem behaviours. Consults include discussion, visuals, demonstration and hands-on work with your dog, a personalized training plan, and resources. See below for in-home travel restrictions.
For dogs who:
- Have bitten or are at risk of biting a person, dog or other animal
- Show aggressive or reactive displays in response to people, dogs or other animals
- Are fearful, scared or anxious in response to people, dogs or other animals OR objects/sounds
- Are protective/possessive of/aggressive around food, toys, or other objects (resource guarding)
- Do not like to be touched, handled or groomed
- Have other similar issues rooted in emotional distress
Private Training for Manners, Obedience and Puppies
Private training for manners and obedience is tailored to your specific needs. We will work on exercises where you need them in daily life with your dog, whether in your home, in the park, or your neighbourhood. Private sessions come complete with notes, handouts and follow-up. See below for in-home travel restrictions.
For dogs who:
- Ignore their owner and will not comply with requests
- Will not come or stay when asked
- Jump up to greet people
- Pull on leash when out for a walk
- Run out the front door without permission
- Chasing inappropriate targets
- Puppy concerns, including nipping, teething, chewing, house training, crate training, alone training, socialization guidance, problem prevention, etc.
- * We do not offer service dog training.
Private Training Services and Pricing
We do not offer service dog training.
• Initial Session 2hr session
This is always the first session for Private Training. This session must be used within 90 days of purchase. Purchase is required in advance in order to hold session time.
• Package of Five – 5hr total
$450+HST (Save $50!)
After the Initial Session you may continue with the Package of Five at a discount. All five sessions must be completed within six months of payment. Purchase is required in advance in order to hold session time.
• Single session 60min
After the Initial Session you may continue with Single Sessions. This session must be used within 90 days of purchase. Purchase is required in advance in order to hold session time.
• Puppy Class Add-On 60min
$80+HST (Save $20!)
*contact the office for purchase
This session is available exclusively to current students of our Puppy Socialization Class and must be used before your last puppy class. Purchase is required in advance in order to hold session time.
Behaviour Consultation and Private Training Booking
Complete these steps (or contact us with questions any time!):
- Read Policy and FAQ
- Contact the office for the behaviour questionnaire (alert us if you are outside of Guelph and require in-home training, travel is limited)
- Schedule your appointment directly with the office
*Travel fees apply to a limited distance outside of this service area, contact the office to see if travel to your home is possible. In-school training is always an option.