Puppy Socialization Class at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services combines important manners and obedience skills with socialization and problem prevention in order to prepare your puppy for daily life and a smooth transition into adulthood. Enrol at 8 weeks of age, don’t miss out on critical weeks of socialization!
7 Class Package: $255+HST
10 Class Package: $290+HST * 20% Discount per class!
Monday 6pm | Wednesday 6pm | Saturday 10am
- Maximum FIVE dogs per class
- Mix’n’match your class days to fit your schedule!
- Complete your classes within 7 weeks
- Start class any time after your Orientation Session
- Instructed by a certified dog trainer and behaviour consultant (CPDT-KA & CDBC)
- All students are required to have a letter signed by their vet and returned to the office prior to their first class. Click here to save/print the letter.
- This letter indicates that the puppy has been to the vet, has received at least one set of vaccinations and is free of parasites and illness. This policy protects your puppy.
- Maximum 16 weeks of age at the start the program
- Must be in current home/received the first set of shots at least one week prior to class
- Sick puppies are not permitted in class. Alert the office to illness.
- Submitting registration/payment indicates acceptance of the group class policy
You are eligible for discounted private training for the duration of your group program – See Puppy Class Add-Ons for details and below for purchase
Puppy Grads receive 10% off Life Skills if you register within one month of graduating Puppy Socialization Class.
Are you worried about your pup’s vaccination status?
Click here for the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behaviour’s Position Statement on Puppy Socialization
Puppy Class Safety
We take precautions to ensure the safest possible experience for your puppy – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Disinfecting Floors. A thorough washing with a bleach solution means your under-vaccinated puppy will stay safe.
- Letter from Attending Veterinarian. You can be assured that all puppies in class are healthy and safe for your pup to play with.
- Dog-Appropriate Rubber Flooring to prevent slipping and injury during play.
- Age Limit. Your puppy will play with size- and developmentally-appropriate playmates.
- Monitored and Narrated play. Monitored and narrated play keeps your pup safe and having fun, while teaching you the difference between healthy and unhealthy play.
- Wait Period Before Class. Some diseases have an “incubation period” where an infected pup appears healthy. The wait time between coming home and coming to class is another safeguard in keeping your pup healthy and safe.
- Attend the Orientation Session.
- Click here to save/print the vet letter. This is a strict requirement for all puppies.
- Read the group class policy. Payment indicates acceptance of all policies.
- Purchase your program! Timeframe starts at time of purchase.
- Book your classes below after program purchase