Emily, a certified dog behaviour consultant, will guide you through the resolution of your dog’s problem behaviours. Consults include discussion, demonstration and hands-on work with your dog, a completely personalized training plan, and ample resources and follow-up. See below for in-home travel restrictions.
For dogs who:
- Have bitten or are at risk of biting a person, dog or other animal
- Show aggressive or reactive displays in response to people, dogs or other animals
- Panic when left alone/separation anxiety (bark, howl, house soil, drool, destructive chewing when alone)
- Are fearful, scared or anxious in response to people, dogs or other animals
- Are fearful, scared or anxious in response to sounds, objects, or storms
- Are protective/possessive of/aggressive around food, toys, bed, or other objects (resource guarding)
- Do not like to be touched, handled or groomed
- Have other similar issues rooted in emotional distress
Private Training for Manners, Obedience and Puppies
Private training for manners and obedience is tailored to your specific needs. We will work on exercises where you need them in daily life with your dog, whether in your home, in the park, or your neighbourhood. Private sessions come complete with notes, handouts and follow-up. See below for in-home travel restrictions.
For dogs who:
- Ignore their owner and will not comply with requests
- Will not come or stay when asked
- Jump up to greet people
- Pull on leash when out for a walk
- Run out the front door without permission (door dashing)
- Want to chase inappropriate targets
- Puppy concerns, including nipping, teething, chewing, house training, crate training, alone training, socialization guidance, problem prevention, etc.
Training Services and Pricing
• Initial Session 2hr session
After completing this session, you may choose to continue with Single Sessions or the Package of Five. This session must be used within 90 days of purchase.
• Single session 60min
After completing the Initial Session you are welcome to purchase Single Sessions. This session must be used within 90 days of purchase.
• Package of Five – 5hr total
$450+HST (Save $50!)
After completing the Initial Session you are welcome to purchase a Package of Five at a discount. All five sessions must be completed within six months of payment.
• Puppy Class Add-On 60min
$80+HST (Save $20!)
This session is available exclusively to current students of our Puppy Socialization Class and must be purchased and used before the official end date of your puppy program.
Behaviour Consultation and Private Training Purchase
- Contact the office for the behaviour questionnaire (alert us if you are outside of Guelph if you require in-home training)
- Read Private Session Policy and Private Training FAQ
- Purchase your session to reserve your appointment booking
- Schedule appointments directly with the office
*Travel fees apply to a limited distance outside of this service area, contact the office to see if your home is within travel distance (if not, you are welcome to come to the facility).