Life Skills is an all-ages manners and obedience program, appropriate for puppies, adolescents and adult dogs alike.
We will cover topics such as:
- Come when called
- Settle and stay on a mat
- Polite leash walking
- Dealing with distractions
- Polite greetings with people
- Prevent running out the front door
- Impulse control around food
- Prevent “Counter surfing”
- And more!
What you get…
- Orientation Webinar to watch before getting started
- Six weekly group classes with a flexible start date
- Life Skills Online Resource Classroom including videos of training exercises and bonus material
- If there is a COVID related closure, illness or quarantine, you will be transferred directly to Virtual Life Skills to seamlessly complete the program!
Puppies! You get all of the above PLUS:
- Access to the All Things Puppy Classroom for quick answers on common puppy issues, such as house training, nipping, crate training and more
- Puppy Play & Socialization A 30% discount on the Puppy Party: Socialization and Play Drop-off
Flexible Start Date
You can start class any time space is available!
- Submit the registration form below and specify your preferred class day
- Once your start date is selected, submit payment within 24hrs to confirm your spot
- Attend SIX consecutive weeks of in-person training classes with your dog
- Masks that cover the nose/mouth and without vents are strictly mandatory when indoors and sanitizer is provided, as directed by WDG Public Health. No vented masks or bandanas.
- Small group class size and limited attendance
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of the premises
- Social/Physical Distancing in effect
- Puppy Party Drop-offs prevent contact between owners while maintaining socialization benefits for your puppy. Drop off your pup, play and socialization will be managed by your trainer, and you bring home a tired puppy!
- In the event of a COVID-related closure, illness, or quarantine that prevents either the running or attendance of in-person classes, all students will immediately transition seamlessly into the Virtual Life Skills Program to complete their program in an online format including personal feedback and guidance.
What you need to know:
For more information, read the Group Class FAQs:
- Masks are mandatory, and must cover the nose and mouth, no vents or bandanas. Virtual or outdoor private training is the best option for those who are uncomfortable in or unable to wear a mask.
- One handler per dog is permitted in the facility in order to allow for distancing. Family members may switch off each class.
- In case of any COVID-related closure or absence, including illness, quarantine or isolation, all students will transfer to the Virtual Life Skills Program to complete the remainder of the program, and receive a bonus 30min ZOOM coaching session. No refund, credit or other service will be provided in this circumstance.
- Your program will run for six consecutive weeks from the confirmed start date (save for clearly stated holidays/cancellations). Make up classes are not available, however you will have access to class instructions in order to keep up.
- Your new dog/puppy must be living with you for at least 7 days prior to your first class.
- Documentation of vaccination (Parvo/Distemper, Rabies if applicable) is required for ALL dogs.
- Because COVID symptoms mimic regular cold and flu, should your instructor become ill class will be cancelled and run an extra week in length. Please leave an extra week of availability after your program to accommodate possibility of this safety procedure.
Register for Life Skills Here!
Tuesdays at 6pm
Wednesdays at 6pm
Each class runs 50-60min in length
Start any time space is available and attend six consecutive weeks of class. Your start date will be confirmed upon registration, or contact the office for availability.
Payment must be received within 24hrs in order to confirm the time slot offered to you, and vaccination documents must be received prior to your first class