Life Skills is an all-ages manners and obedience program, appropriate for puppies, adolescents and adult dogs alike.
If you have a new pup, also check out the Socialization Skills Puppy Class!
We will cover topics such as:
- Come when called
- Settle and stay on a mat
- Polite leash walking
- Dealing with distractions
- Intro to polite greetings with people
- Prevent running out the front door
- Impulse control around food
- Prevent “Counter surfing”
- And more!
What you get…
- Orientation Webinar to watch before getting started
- Six weekly group classes
- Classroom Visuals for clear instruction during class time
- Life Skills Online Resource Classroom including written instructions, videos of training exercises and bonus training exercises
- Access to the All Things Puppy Classroom for quick answers on common puppy issues, such as house training, nipping, crate training and more (Also check out the Socialization Skills Puppy Class!)
Flexible Start Date
You can start class any time space is available!
- Submit the registration form below and specify your preferred class day. We’ll confirm the next available start date.
- Once your start date is selected, submit payment within 24hrs to confirm your spot
What you need to know:
For additional information, read the Group Class FAQs:
- Do not attend class if you are ill.
- Your program will run for six consecutive weeks from the confirmed start date (save for clearly stated holidays/cancellations). Students can keep up in the online resource classroom if absent from class.
- Your new dog/puppy must be living with you for at least 7 days prior to your first class.
- Documentation of dog vaccination administered by a veterinarian (Parvo/Distemper, Rabies if age appropriate) is required for ALL dogs.
- Should your instructor become ill class may be put on hold until recovery is confirmed. Please leave additional availability after your program to accommodate possibility of this safety procedure.
Read additional Group Class FAQ here.
Schedule and Pricing:
Sundays at 3pm with Kathleen
Tuesday at 6:45pm with Emily
Your start date will be confirmed upon submission of the registration form.
Weather notice: Classes will only be cancelled in truly extreme weather. Please be prepared for our Ontario winters and leave time to arrive to class safely!
Register for Life Skills!
After reading through this webpage, group FAQ and Policy, complete the form by clicking the button below and you’ll receive confirmation of your start date shortly! If you have questions, contact the office before completing the form.
Payment must be received within 24hrs in order to confirm the time slot offered to you, and vaccination documents must be received prior to your first class
Check your spam folder if you do not see a timely reply.
If you do not see an immediate auto-confirmation of this form in your email, complete the form on a different device. (That means we didn’t get it either!)