- Are feeling over-whelmed by training responsibilities
- Have more intention to train than time and energy to do it
- Want to kick start your training, but need more support than coaching alone
- Have a new puppy and are feeling over-whelmed by the pressure of socialization duties
- Or maybe you just want your dog to learn new things and experience the enrichment of training while you’re at work!
… Canine Tutoring is right for you!
Also known as “Day Training” or “Walk and Train”, a certified professional trainer and behaviour consultant will work one-on-one with your dog while you’re at work, out with the kids or running errands. Transfer Sessions will keep you up-to-date and coach you on how to maintain and apply your dog’s new skills in day-to-day life.
Canine Tutoring can take place in your home, in parks, in your neighbourhood – where you need your dog to respond! A review of your concerns and goals will allow us to lay out a schedule that best suits the assessment.
Canine Tutoring can address:
- Puppy needs, including socialization experiences
- Manners and Obedience, such as pulling on leash, recall, general distractibility, learning basic obedience behaviours
- Enrichment and “brain training” to give busy dogs a productive outlet
At this time, Canine Tutoring is not available for behaviour modification for issues of reactivity/aggression. Training for this type of issue is available through private behaviour coaching.
What Canine Tutoring IS:
- A quicker route to the training results you want to see in your dog
- A certified, professional trainer and behaviour consultant will work directly with your dog to help you reach your training goals
- Giving a bulk of the leg work of training to a professional while you work on application and maintenance in day-to-day life
- Transfer Sessions will teach you the skills your dog has already learned and are a critical aspect of keeping your training on track
What Canine Tutoring IS NOT:
- It is not a dog walking, pet sitting or potty break service
- Your dog will have opportunity to relieve him/herself, however scheduling will be based on trainer availability
- It is not a total escape from all training responsibilities
- It is not a suitable service for management-intensive or owner-directed problems (e.g. separation anxiety, owner-directed aggression, or management-based issues of housetraining, etc.) See Private Training and Behaviour Modification options.
Want to meet the trainer and learn more about the training method before scheduling the Intake Session? Book yourself into a free, no obligation Orientation Session!
How to Get Started
- Contact the office with your address (where your dog will be located for sessions) and an overview of your goals for Canine Tutoring.
- Review the Canine Tutoring Program Information Document and Contract and Fees Document.
- Complete the Intake Questionnaire. This link will take you to a Drop Box file where you can select a Pages or Word document to fill out.
- Book your Intake Session by emailing the office. The fee from this session will act as a deposit toward the cost of the Canine Tutoring Package.
Contact the office if you have questions about whether the Canine Tutoring program will be a good fit for your needs. This service is available only to residents within Guelph city limits.