- Are feeling over-whelmed by training responsibilities
- Have more intention to train than time and energy to do it
- Want to kick start your training, but need more support than coaching alone
- Have a new puppy and are feeling over-whelmed by the pressure of socialization duties
- Or maybe you just want your dog to learn new things and experience the enrichment of training while you’re at work!
… Canine Tutoring is right for you!
Also known as “Day Training” or “Walk and Train”, a certified professional trainer and behaviour consultant will work one-on-one with your dog while you’re at work, out with the kids or running errands. Transfer Sessions will keep you up-to-date and coach you on how to maintain and apply your dog’s new skills in day-to-day life.
Canine Tutoring can take place in your home, in parks, in your neighbourhood – where you need your dog to respond! A review of your concerns and goals will allow us to lay out a schedule that best suits the assessment.
Canine Tutoring can address:
- Puppy needs, including socialization experiences
- Manners and Obedience, such as pulling on leash, recall, general distractibility, learning basic obedience behaviours
- Enrichment and “brain training” to give busy dogs a productive outlet
At this time, Canine Tutoring is not available for behaviour modification for issues of reactivity/aggression. Training for this type of issue is available through private behaviour coaching.
What Canine Tutoring IS:
- A quicker route to the training results you want to see in your dog
- A certified, professional trainer and behaviour consultant will work directly with your dog to help you reach your training goals
- Giving a bulk of the leg work of training to a professional while you work on application and maintenance in day-to-day life
- Transfer Sessions will teach you the skills your dog has already learned and are a critical aspect of keeping your training on track
What Canine Tutoring IS NOT:
- It is not a dog walking, pet sitting or potty break service
- Your dog will have opportunity to relieve him/herself, however scheduling will be based on trainer availability
- It is not a total escape from all training responsibilities
- It is not a suitable service for management-intensive or owner-directed problems (e.g. separation anxiety, owner-directed aggression, or management-based issues of housetraining, etc.) See Private Training and Behaviour Modification options.
How to Get Started
- Contact the office with your address (where your dog will be located for sessions) and an overview of your goals for Canine Tutoring.
- Review the Canine Tutoring Program Information Document and Contract and Fees Document.
- Complete the Intake Questionnaire. This link will take you to a Drop Box file where you can select a Pages or Word document to fill out.
- Book your Intake Session by emailing the office. The fee from this session will act as a deposit toward the cost of the Canine Tutoring Package.
Contact the office if you have questions about whether the Canine Tutoring program will be a good fit for your needs. This service is available only to residents within Guelph city limits.