All too often, “training the dog” is about dealing with the habits we don’t like. Isn’t it time to train for fun, for enrichment, and for relationship?
The Brain Training Series is an open-enrolment series of classes – meaning you can start any time that suits your schedule. The class focuses on increasing your dog’s receptivity to you and capacity to learn in order to work through various stages of difficulty and complexity of behaviours.
The topics covered will range from perfecting individual training exercises to advanced training concepts, such as cuing, shaping and behaviour chains. Behaviours and concepts will increase in difficulty as you progress through the various Grades of this series.
The Brain Training Series can best be described as a “souped-up tricks class”!
A sneak peak at the behaviours… position changes at a distance, unroll a carpet, ring a bell, blow bubbles under water, chin rest on the ground, karate kicks, jump through a rolling hoop… progress through all the grade levels to learn all this and more!
- Class runs Monday from 8:30-9:30, attendance in consecutive weeks skips Holiday Mondays Class is running NOW!
- Start class ANY week when space is available!
- Work through each Grade at your own pace. Upon graduating your Grade, you can level-up to the next!
- ** Classes do not run on Holiday Mondays, and the schedule will be bumped one week to accommodate this – please take this into account during your scheduling.
Dogs and owners should:
- Have basic experience with clicker training
- Know basic obedience behaviours such as sit, down, stay and a hand target
- View the Orientation Webinar if you haven’t trained with us before
What’s your prior experience?
- Graduates of any group program with Scratch and Sniff Canine Services are welcome to join the Brain Training Series.
- If we’ve worked privately to address fear, reactivity or aggression, or you are concerned about your dog’s behaviour, please contact the office prior to registering.
- If you’ve taken classes elsewhere, please contact the office prior to purchasing the program to ensure it is right for you.
- This class requires a consistent handler to attend all classes. Pairs of handlers are welcome, but both should come to all classes.
Five Class Package:
* to be completed in FIVE consecutive classes
Seven Class Package:
* to be completed in SEVEN consecutive classes
** Classes do not run on Holiday Mondays, and the schedule will be bumped one week to accommodate this – please take this into account during your scheduling.
Book your spot now!
- Contact the office to confirm your start date and schedule
- View the Orientation Webinar if you haven’t attended classes with us previously
- Join the fun!
Payment is required to hold your spot in class once a start date is selected. The office will book your classes for you after registration.