Distraction-proof your dog with food, toys, people and other dogs in the Advanced Manners Program.
The Advanced Manners Program is perfect for you if you:
- Have a dog who is distracted by other dogs and people, but is friendly and is not reactive (barking/lunging, or stiff greetings – see below)
- Want better reliability and compliance in their dog in the face of distractions, particularly social distractions
- Want to continue to build practical daily training skills
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Dogs absolutely must be friendly with other dogs and humans. There will be close contact interactions between dogs during this class. This class is not for dogs with social difficulties including: barking, lunging, growling, stiff approaches, snarking/snapping upon greeting a dog, hard stares at dogs, etc. If this describes your dog, please see below for options.
- Dogs must be at least 6mo and have had received all puppy vaccinations + Rabies
- Completion of a foundation program at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services OR an equivalent from another school if owners/dogs have a solid understanding of clicker training and prerequisite behaviours.
- Owners who have not trained at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services previously will be required to attend an assessment and Orientation session prior to class
- Prerequisite behaviours include:
- Good skill and understanding of clicker training (both dog and human)
- Zen or Leave it (impulse control around food in hand)
- Sit (verbal cue or hand signal)
- Down (verbal cue or hand signal)
- Loose leash walking basics
- Hand target/touch
Does your dog have “Big Feelings”? Is she reactive, worried, or intense in her reactions? Check out the Control Unleashed Program as well as Private Training. If you’re unsure, contact the office to set up a free assessment.
Pricing and Schedule
7 classes, next start date TBA
Book your spot now!
An assessment may be required, free of charge, to ensure this class is suitable. Contact the office with questions.