Building on what you’ve learned in our Life Skills Program, the Advanced Manners Program will build your training skills beyond the basics. Learn how to proof behaviours using distractions including food, toys, people and other dogs. There will be a special focus on stay and recall in the face of distractions.
This course is ideal for those who:
- Have a dog who is distracted by other dogs and people, but is friendly and is not reactive (barking/lunging, or stiff greetings – see below)
- Have completed the Life Skills Program
- Would like to create better reliability and compliance in their dog in the face of distractions, particularly social distractions
- Want to continue to build practical daily training skills
Requirements and Prerequisites:
- Dogs absolutely must be overtly friendly with other dogs and humans. There will be close contact interactions between dogs during this class. This class is not for dogs with social difficulties including: barking, lunging, growling, stiff approaches, snarking/snapping upon greeting a dog, hard stares at dogs, etc. If this describes your dog, please see below.
- Completion of the Life Skills Program
- Dogs must be at least 6mo and have had received all puppy vaccinations
- Prerequisites include a basic understanding of the following skills as taught with clicker training:
- Loose leash walking
- Hand target
Does your dog have “Big Feelings”? Is she reactive, worried, or intense in her reactions? Check out the Control Unleashed Program as well as Private Training. If you’re unsure, contact the office to set up a free assessment.
Pricing and Schedule
8 hours over 8 consecutive weeks
Starting Wednesday May 31st, 8:30-9:30
(Complete dates: May 31, June 7, 14, 21, *SKIP A WEEK*, July 5, 12, 19, 26)