Puppy Socialization Class at Scratch and Sniff Canine Services combines important manners and obedience skills with socialization and problem prevention in order to prepare your puppy for daily life and a smooth transition into adulthood. Enrol at 8 weeks of age, don’t miss out on critical weeks of socialization!
Choose the package that suits your needs:
7 Class Package: $255+HST
10 Class Package: $290+HST * 20% Discount per class!
(All classes must be used within your 7 week program time frame.)
- Maximum FIVE dogs per class
- Mon 6pm, Wed 6pm, Sat 10am
- Mix’n’match your class days to fit your schedule!
- Students have seven-weeks to complete their program, and must attend the people-only Orientation Session as their first class.
- Find out more about class structure at Group Training FAQs
- See what past students have to say about the Puppy Program.
- All students are required to have a letter signed by their vet and returned to the office prior to their first class. Click here to save/print the letter.
- This letter indicates that the puppy has been to the vet, has received at least one set of vaccinations and is free of parasites and illness
- Puppies must be no older than 16 weeks old at the start of the program (at the discretion of the instructor exceptions to this age limit may be made)
- Puppies will have been in their current home/received the first set of shots at least one week prior to class
- Sick puppies are not permitted in class. This includes vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, sneezing, lethargy or fever. Alert the office immediately to illness.
- Submitting registration/payment indicates acceptance of the group class policy
Added Value for Puppy Students
Puppy Class Add-Ons Students in Puppy Socialization Class are eligible for discounted private training specifically for ‘puppy issues’
Puppy Grads receive 10% off Life Skills if owners register within one month of graduating Puppy Socialization Class. Contact the office to purchase.
Are you or your vet worried about your pup’s vaccination status?
Click here for the American Veterinary Society of Animal Behaviour’s Position Statement on Puppy Socialization. Also take a look at this info on Puppy Class Safety.
Puppy Class Safety
We take precautions to ensure the safest possible experience for your puppy – physically, mentally and emotionally.
- Disinfecting Floors. Floors are thoroughly washed with a bleach solution prior to puppy class. A 30:1 solution is sufficient to kill Parvovirus.
- Letter from Attending Veterinarian. This letter assures us that the puppy has been vaccinated accordingly and is free of parasites and disease prior to attending classes.
- Dog-Appropriate Flooring to prevent slipping during play and allows for proper cleaning procedures.
- Upper Age Limit. This ensures that puppies are playing with size-appropriate and developmentally-appropriate playmates.
- Monitored and Narrated play. Play time in puppy class should never be a free-for-all. Play should be fun and confidence-building for every puppy in the room. Bullying is addressed immediately and fearful puppies are never forced in over their heads. Owners are talked through interactions between puppies and instructed on how to recognize and break up inappropriate interactions.
- Divided Play. If necessary, the training space can be divided in order to appropriately match playmates and avoid frightening younger, tiny, or more timid puppies while larger, boisterous and older pups can have their fun.
- Wait Period Before Class. Newly acquired puppies must be in the home for at least one week prior to coming to class. Some diseases have an “incubation period” in which they are asymptomatic. Keeping pups out of class for this period of time ensures that they are not bringing diseases into class.
- Attend the Orientation Session.
- Click here to save/print the vet letter. This is a strict requirement for all puppies.
- Read the group class policy. Payment indicates acceptance of all policies.
- Purchase your program! *Timeframe starts at time of purchase.